Friday, August 13, 2010

AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

We recently moved to a basement apt. and for the most part have been happy with the change.  It's cold, as the air-conditioning  is set on auto and the sensor is upstairs, but we've got blankets and hot drinks.  They have 3 dogs that we have to battle out way through as we go though the back yard to get to the entrance to the basement; but the largest usually leaves me alone now when I'm carrying Lily, and we've worked out a system where one of us holds him by the collar while the other takes breakable/edible/just-don't-want-the-dog-to-get stuff in.  It also needs some work and had a weird sink but everyplace has it's quirks right?

So we're connected to their wireless internet network and about two weeks ago one of them tells us that he's put a new filter on his network because he has kids.  I totally get his wanting to protect his kids from all the crazy stuff out there but am very frustrated with the whole filter thing right now.

I first ran into problems while trying to watch 'Keeping Up Appearances' on youtube...it's blocked youtube.  I also can no longer watch any videos linked to youtube from another site (such as something posted on facebook).

I now just ran into another roadblock when I tried to upload pics from my computer to photobucket....it's blocked photobucket.  I am also no longer able to view any pictures linked to photobucket including those I've already put up on my own blog.  I now understand why I was having problems viewing pictures on other blogs as well.

We're planning to have out own internet installed at some point; it's very frustrating to be in the middle of something and have it go down and not be able to fix it or have to keep asking them to fix it.  I cannot wait till we're able to have it installed.  As soon as I'm done posting this I'm going to research which company has the best reviews and prices (if the filter will let me).

I am very disappointed that I will not be able to post what I had originally intended to: a knitting update.  I even have fantastic progress to show off :o(

I'm planning to go over to Mum's later, maybe I'll try to take the lap top with me and post from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment